Poole; the place to be this Summer
Poole is a large coastal town and seaport in Dorset, on the south coast of England.
It is home to Britain's best beaches, 5 to be precise; including Sandbanks, winner of more Blue Flags than any UK resort – with long stretches of golden sand (raked and cleaner all year round), scenic views and a tasteful selection of waterside bars and restaurants in addition to offering boat trips and water sports for the thrill seekers.
Metis Homes’ Prime location development, Grovelands, in the Branksome Park area of Poole is just an 8-minute drive from the stunning Sandbanks beach. Beach huts are available to hire at all locations - a perfect base when visiting Poole's award-winning beaches. In addition to stunning beaches, Poole hosts a historic quayside with views captivating for all ages and an old town still in full working order, the quay has a very long history. Britain used to trade with the Roman Empire before the Romans arrived on these shores in AD 43 and this was one of the core ports used for this trade.
There are many spectacular countryside walks, beautiful parks and independent islands such as Brownsea Island, owned by the National Trust. Brownsea Island is vividly located in Poole Harbour, with spectacular views across to the Purbeck Hills. Thriving natural habitats - including woodland, heathland and a lagoon - create a unique haven for wildlife- a great day(s) out for everyone! Poole Harbour has regular Ferry’s available every half-an-hour at 20-minutes past and 10-minutes to the hour.
Wave 105s Summertime in the South brings a congregation of fantastic events to Poole throughout the warmer months driving tourism and crowds to Poole in abundance!
- Poole Harbour Boat Show is a well-attended event and usually has over 200 exhibitors.
- Harry Paye Pirate Day is always a popular themed event.
- Folk on the Quay is a free family folk festival with live music acts and dancers.
- Quay for my Car, sponsored by Poole Pirates every Friday evening July to August.
- Sandbanks Beach plays host to the British Beach Polo Championships featuring top polo players & celebrities.
- Poole Goes Vintage is a themed day with vintage style entertainment and displays.
- The very popular ‘Rockley's Summer Spectacular’ sponsored by Rockley Park is a weekly event that begins on the last Thursday in July (Thurs eves July to August). Each week has it's own unique family entertainment & a firework finale at 10pm.
The season is rounded up a distinct event on 5th November Firework Night with entertainment and a firework spectacular off Poole Quay.
There are just two apartments remaining at Grovelands, Branksome Park, Poole… the above are just a small part of why Poole is the place to be this summer. For more information about the development and to view the brochure, click here.